About the network
VOICE stands for “Voluntary Organisations in Cooperation in Emergencies”. VOICE is the main NGO interlocutor with the European Union on emergency aid and disaster risk reduction, and it promotes the values of humanitarian NGOs. It is a network representing 86 non-governmental organisations (NGOs) active in humanitarian aid worldwide, who are based in 19 European countries. Created in 1992, the overall vision of VOICE is a collective European NGO response to humanitarian crises. The mission of VOICE is to enhance the collective influence of the network with the EU, including its Member States, as well as to promote the humanitarian principles and the quality and effectiveness of humanitarian action.
VOICE Strategic Objectives:
- To ensure the policies, practices and funding of the EU and Member States’ institutions relevant to humanitarian aid are increasingly adherent to core humanitarian principles and good practice
- To increase the recognition of NGOs as key actors in the delivery of humanitarian aid by the EU, the Member States and other relevant stakeholders
- To increase the effectiveness of VOICE collective action in pursuit of quality humanitarian aid
VOICE Grand Bargain Project
This proposed website arises from one of the objectives from VOICE Grand Bargain project which is to raise awareness and facilitate access to relevant information for NGOs and frontline responders in relation to the Grand Bargain. As highlighted by the first independent annual report on the implementation of the Grand Bargain, there is a need to expand the Grand Bargain’s reach to non-signatories and particularly to frontline responders. VOICE Grand Bargain project aims at fostering the engagement of NGOs in this important initiative in order to ensure the views and perspectives of frontline responders are taken into account in the implementation of the Grand Bargain and for the benefit of the Grand Bargain to trickle down at field level where aid is delivered. The present website aims at capturing all the initiatives linked to the Grand Bargain in which humanitarian actors can provide input.
VOICE Grand Bargain project is the continuity of VOICE involvement in the GB process.
Since the very beginning VOICE had been engaged in the process and thanks to its Grand Bargain Task Force
Initiated soon after the launch of the Grand Bargain, the VOICE GB Task Force which gathers among VOICE members signatory and non-signatory of the GB has shared substantial NGO recommendations and influenced EU and international discussions on the Grand Bargain.
Through this project, VOICE aims at strengthening further its engagement in order to address some of the critical issues identified by NGOs and reflected in the independent GPPI report on the Grand Bargain.
The project can be articulated around 3 main strands:
- Maintaining the work of the GB Task Force and its involvement in promoting at EU level the added value of NGOs in the GB process
- Thanks to partnerships with Southern NGOs networks, increasing the involvement of front-line responders
- Developing communication tools to support the two first strands and facilitate access to relevant information on the Grand Bargain implementation